Explore the following options to earn academic credit for your internship abroad. Please work with your home university to see if one of these options will work for you, and contact ISA if you have any questions about the academic components of your program.

Transfer Credit from Carroll College

ISA Internships has partnered with Carroll College in Helena, Montana, to offer a U.S. transcript and award 6 upper division internship academic credits for ISA Internships set-date, 8-week programs. Credit awarded will be based on the successful completion of written academic assignments, evidence of reflective learning, and an evaluation from your host organization supervisor. The additional cost of academic credit is $300 USD, and includes a transcript with a US grading system letter grade (A-F) from Carroll College.

Grading Assessment

  • Pre-Departure Essay
  • Syllabus Quiz
  • Bi-weekly Personal Action Plans
  • Mid- and End-of-Placement Supervisor Evaluations
  • Internship Analysis and Reflection Essay

In order to be eligible for transfer credit from Carroll College, participants must be full-time students who have completed at least 30 credit hours, or recent graduates from a bachelor degree program. Participants must have a minimum GPA of 2.5. Please note that some placements may have more stringent eligibility requirements.

Carroll College aims to educate students “Not for school, but for life” by being prepared to succeed in a global society with a multi-cultural population. Carroll College is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities. Learn more about Carroll College at www.carroll.edu.

Credit From Your Home Institution

Students may work with their home university to receive academic credit for their program. Each academic institution has a unique policy for granting internship credit. Each academic institution has a unique policy for granting internship credit, thus students should inquire about receiving academic credit with their home university advisors, professors, and/or academic department heads.