We strive to design a program that compliments your academic objectives and facilitates a culturally engaging experience for students.
Our approach to faculty-led programs and short-term study abroad is in our name – Custom. Our built-from-scratch international experiences are fine-tuned to the learning outcomes and unique logistical needs of our partners at universities around the world. Like a fingerprint, each global program is different – and our capabilities across 110+ countries are unmatched.
Now powered by the combined resources of WorldStrides and International Studies Abroad (ISA), our Custom Programs team partners with universities for global programs that meet your learning objectives and your logistical needs. With the most comprehensive capabilities in education abroad, we deliver programs all over the world, with tailored curriculum support, integrated risk management, and unmatched logistical expertise – elevating faculty-led programs with the power of partnership.
“I would recommend ISA to any faculty member who leads students abroad. Using ISA services allowed me to concentrate on my primary duty, which is of course teaching. One of the best services that ISA can provide is peace of mind — knowing that I can have assistance in a matter of minutes with any emergency or problem we might encounter; the ISA support network is extensive and on call 24/7. ISA staff, both stateside and abroad, are friendly, flexible, and very concerned with helping us meet our pedagogical goals. – Clifton Ellis, Architecture in Paris, Texas Tech University
PROGRAM MODEL OPTIONS
Create a different kind of study abroad experience for your students by integrating your university’s curriculum with ISA’s on-the-ground network. Collaboration with ISA’s local partners and flexible program models allow you to incorporate cultural immersion and engagement into your faculty-led program. ISA in-country staff will supply co-curricular learning opportunities to deepen the experience.
Rebranding existing ISA programs with your institution’s name ensures that the promotion and application processes carry your brand. Additionally, your university can tailor certain elements of an existing program to meet specific learning objectives, such as excursions, guest lectures and academic curricula.
Strengthen your exchange programs by working with ISA to provide on-site support services, providing students with a more comprehensive experience and often results in greater engagement.
Group Internships or Service-Learning
Group Internship or Service-Learning can be offered as a stand-alone program or as an add-on to another custom program. Institutions can co-brand one of our set-date programs (typically 4 or 8 weeks in length, 4 intakes per year) or design a custom date program. There is no minimum enrolment necessary, unless add-on excursions are included.
Some of the most fulfilling programs for students are those that combine more than one of these program models thus allowing participants to experience more while abroad.
“We have had a wonderful experience working with ISA Internships. The ISA Internships team has helped us set up an incredibly complicated internship program for our Exercise Science students, and they were very considerate and meticulous in determining what would be the best options for placements. Having worked with ISA for a number of years, I can say from experience that they are consummate professionals and they always keep the student experience first and foremost on their priority list.” – Keara DeKay, Group Internship Program, University of South Carolina
- Contact ISA’s Global Mobility Manager
- The Global Mobility Manager will work with an expert in the WorldStrides Custom Programs team to start the program development process and make introductions.
- The CP team will get in touch with you for a discovery call to find out more about they type of program you’re wanting to develop. Typically, it takes 2-3 weeks to submit a complete proposal for your program. In this time, we will create a budget and itinerary for your program based on your specifications and provide a proposal outlining all of our included support services and activities.
- Once your program is developed, you’ll work directly with an account manager who will be your champion, working directly with the large team of logistical experts, curriculum specialists, and on-the-ground partners. Our long-time university partners see their account managers as an integral part of their own university teams, ensuring that your program is uniquely yours each and every year.
- ISA’s Global Mobility Manager will also be available to support you in Australia every step of the way, including promotion and recruitment of your program.